Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cosmopolitan Vancouver


So the butt is not the premise of the photo - it has photo bombed my discrete capture of internationalism in Vancouver. This woman is from Spain and so are her 2 sons but all of them have been living here for sometime and the boys apparently speak good English and correct their mother often, apparently. The woman was telling this story to fellow passenger from Ethiopia who chatted them up. And then they were talking about people they knew from other countries also, who lived in Van now, and how easily or not so easily they picked up English and what not. Other people either chimed in or smiled approvingly.

Vancouver, the most multi-cultural city I have lived in, the second most cosmopolitan city I've truly lived in, the most beautiful city I've lived in (ok well, almost as beautiful as Kandy), the best foodie city I've lived in and I live so close to the beach, something I've always wanted to… And yet, it never really clicked with me - and it seems like I can't wait to leave - a feeling that I have never had for any city that I lived in.

No comments: