Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Great Exodus

The great exodus has now begun. If you stay someplace for as long as 7 years, it is going to be hard to leave, no matter what happened there. Even the not so pleasant memories make up your comfort zone. But as they say in French, and I'll soon learn to say this in French, "if you don't move forward, you move backward".Here's looking back at the beautiful state that made a home for me for 7 long years. I want to come back soon to visit.And I carry the fondest memories of all of you who made my life so much fun and gave me a your shoulders to cry on; so far away from the place I was born, I was still never alone because of your goodwill, because you tolerated my many weaknesses and still remained my friends... your tolerance didn't go waste, let me assure you - every act of kindeness made me more resolute to be a better person...

You could barely tell this in Minnesota, but it doesn't matter; all the people who made this place my home are behind those trees anyways...

No comments: