Thursday, June 5, 2008

Driving in Montreal on Grand Prix Weekend

Apparently I drove right into the Formula 1 Garnd Prix here in Montreal! This my temperorary apartment is downtown, so I am right in the midst of it. All sorts of fancy cars, (this pretty Ferrari was driving down the road and a bunch of kids yelled 'go Ferrari'! and the driver thumbs upped them and raced his car away...), temporary tents, and lots and lots of people and of course cops to manage them. It all creates a lively carnival atmosphere...

Oh and lots of cars and motor cycles racing around; however, I have no idea if this is anything out of normal... At the front desk at the North Bay travellodge I stayed in, I was told to be aware of Montreal drivers... I was thinking, "how silly, isn't it typical for people who live in small towns to think so of big city people?"... oh man was I wrong... the night I came here I drove around and there were cars appearing from anywhere and no where... if you shift a little bit to the left, in your own lane, there'd be a car on your right, squeezed in, in the same lane... Drivers are rude, they blink their high beam for no reason, and they aren't too considerate towards emergency vehicles.

Again, this might have been because of the busy weekend from the Grand Prix....

No comments: