Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter coats in Vancouver


It’s getting cold in Vancouver and I am still in denial (or maybe not in denial... but I refuse to wear a winter coat anyway). So seeing me in my thin sweater,


office mate : “are you going to walk to the house like that?”
me : “yeah, why not?”
office mate : “err... you must have had a winter coat in Montréal, no?”
me “precisely my point, I would be an embarrassment to all of Montréal if I wore a winter coat in *Vancouver*”
office mate : ”well I am from Minnesota, do you see me going around in a thin sweater?”
me : “well you are an embarrassment to your people”
office mate : “oh for fuck sake... just get in the car”
me : “ok, I’ll take the ride, but not because I am cold... (brrr)”


and to think that I seriously thought of throwing away my winter coat on the day I arrived in Vancouver... I mean like throwing it away in the garbage... I thought, “well it is old, besides I don’t think I am going to need it in Vancouver... well at least not this winter...” It is old alright, but, man am I glad I kept it... my faithful winter coat...

No comments: