Monday, February 28, 2011

TRIUMF Guest House



Advertised as a 'boutique hotel in Vancouver'... it was truly a very nice house... I felt not too happy during my time there for a lot of reasons like I was sick the first week, then it was raining quite a bit, I missed my friends, and... the UBC campus where the house was, is soooo sooo desolate... On the one side mountains, on the other side the ocean, and trees in between... Later, one of my friends would ask, what's not to like about that? And for a long time I had thought if I had a house on the beach, I would need nothing else... But there's a difference between 'on the beach with the waves breaking withing earshot' and far enough from the beach that you don't hear them... And then add to that there is almost no life... Oh and also I went there during reading week (the spring break equivalent), so... They have state of the art buildings and all, but really UBC got no character... It might have been named one of the most beautiful campuses in the world but it is so bleh....

No comments: