Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Everybody Moves On...



So I received this mail today about my previous experiment’s regular meeting and there was this agenda rich with contributions. It feels weird to see this. I was so involved in this experiment and now I have left, and life seems to go on there without anyone so much as blinking (not that I want every thing to come to a drop dead stop just because I left... but it does feel weird). I wonder how long it will be before I will feel this way about Montreal. I’m sure they miss me, just as much as I do them... On the one hand I dig the gypsy in me... the ability to be detached, to just pack up and move... on the other hand it would be nice to belong to some place....


But now old friends are acting strange,
they shake their heads, they say I've changed.
Something's lost but something's gained
in living every day.
- Joni Mitchell in Both Sides Now


Today turns out to be an extra gloomy day - I am thinking, today is Wednesday, and shouldn’t I go to my club du conversation du français? Well, if I were in Montréal... I miss them so much... people at the atelier... the laughter, the honesty, the bond...

No comments: