Saturday, February 26, 2011

First sublet Vancouver


Tonight I went to see a sublet, that I think I might take. It snowed like 5mm here and the buses were like half an hour late and they were going about super slowly... hee heh...
But, like any true Montréaler would have, I braved the tiny ice crystals pricking my face and went to see the place...

It is a 2br/2bathroom apartment and a little over my budget, but I guess I am going to take it. So he was like one of like 20-30 places I contacted, but when he wrote back, he included his website and it turned out he is a semi major musician and he looked cute (!!! I know... but sometimes it is how I roll) so I agreed to see his place. Pretty soon he added me as a friend on facebook; when I actually had the chance to go through his profile, under religious views he listed ‘love’ under political views he listed ‘love’ and I was thinking oh god damn opinion-less people!!! It reminded me of this conversation I once had with a friend, he claimed hippies were not cool, cos they never really fight for anything and they are always like oh so peaceful and all. And at that time I was kinda disappointed to hear that, cos I identified myself as a hippie (a neo-hippie, to borrow from another friend) but didn’t like opinion-less people. Punks are certainly not this way he said, they do something about things. And today he said well you are a mixture of both hippy and punk... I am not sure the punks will welcome me into their ranks... the hippies probably will (maybe also because they are opinion-less)!!!

Anyway to get back, so as expected he was a total hippy... But like I said to some people, better chill than mean, so... But he did seem to be a bit pushy... he is going to shove the parking spot down my throat and I really don’t wanna pay another $50 for parking when I can very well park on the street. So we shall see... I said yes to him... partly because I felt obligated, somehow he talked as if I promised to stay there (he didn’t say this outright, which made it hard for me to be totally pissed and walk away) and he started calling me ‘love’ in his texts and e-mails and what not - now if that’s not hippy I don’t know what is!!! So I said ok, for one month... and the first thing I did when I got home was to look for sublets for April...

Also this past week, two people told me how Vancouverites are laid back, they said this as a plus point, but I do not like people who don’t have opinions, really! So we shall see if I will find nice opinionated people in Vancouver!

Peace man!

No comments: