Sunday, October 9, 2011

Steve Jobs






this is the Apple store at the Pacific Center - Vancouverites - never too happy, never too sad, always business as usual and always, of course, driving me nuts (for this emotionlessness), but this time I welcomed the taking-a-step-back-from-profound-sadness.

Don't get me wrong - Steve Jobs is a personality that I admire a lot. There is something in me that really likes self-made people, maybe because I am one myself. And, while I don't want to join any cult, even an Apple cult, I am also in general against the new-age hippy mentality of 'I want blood - of all successful people', that most of the time is connected to an illogical sense of entitlement...

There were a few of Jobs's saying that were made in to touching eulogies, but none that really stood out for me... except for maybe iSad.

RIP Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011) what a birthday eve present - iSad that the world lost such an innovative personality. But if there's one way I would like to go, it is this way, while I am still at the helm of my life.


Don't let 'em keep taking it away from me. Don't let me lie here 'till I can't hear those people chanting (my name) no more.
- Maggie Fitzgerald, in Million Dollar Baby

No comments: