Saturday, July 3, 2010

Élisapie Isaac


another wonderful night of the Montreal Jazz fest - tonight, Élisapie Isaac's concert... in Inuktitut, French and English... in tribute to my fascination with the Inuktitut and their land...

beautiful tributes to Richard Desjardins and Leonard Cohen. Moi Elsie - amazing!! Towards the very end she donned her sunglasses, together with the others on stage and sang, Chiquitita, out of all.

You really don't want to accept that you like ABBA, but you can not help but feel all your sorrows washed away like that... Back at home I youtubed a whole bunch of their songs and re-read about them. Winner Takes it All, detailing their personal lives, but such a beautiful (and true) song... Fernando, for those times you feel that the reasons for your existence is beyond some petty romance...


I was so afraid Fernando
We were so young and none of us were prepared to die
And I am not ashamed to say
The roar of guns and cannons almost made me cry


And since many years I haven't seen a rifle in your hand
Can you hear the drums Fernando?
Do you still recall the frightful night we crossed the Rio Grande?
I can see it in your eyes
How proud you were to fight for freedom of this land.


I wanna see the polar bears!!!!

No comments: