Wednesday, April 7, 2010

choices...



My brother... my longest lasting best friend yet... All these years later, we still enjoy each others' company... and he played such an instrumental role in making this trip such a fun place...

He took me to this cool down to earth restaurant, Pagoda in Colombo, for Lamprais... yum yum... but also it reminded me how SL is blessed with such natural beauty... and having 365 days of nice weather permits such beautiful outdoor patios... We have those in summer in Montreal, but really they don't even come close to the beauty of these in SL... And I thought again why I had left and continue to stay away from such a beautiful country... I guess we weigh in the pros and cons and chose where we want to live in... I love developed countries for they allow me to pursue my passion, physics... I love North America, because they are least prone to nationalism... I love Montreal for its ethnic vibrancy, for its open-mindedness, for their cosmopolitan but laid-backness, for their French Quebecois (who are really very different from French people from France) and their festivals... Adult life is all about making choices...

No comments: