Sunday, August 16, 2009

Serenaded in Parc Lafontaine


So today is some me time for me - I really want to be alone, yeah you know how I like to reflect... So I bike to Parc Lafontaine to catch the Quebecois Traditional Music fest, but my bike lock is broken and they don't allow bicycles inside the venue. So I decide to sit by the mega fountain in the parc and enjoy the bad music from a distant. Actually I can listen to Quebec trad music every now and then, but I was told by this amazing music nerd, that it is pretty bad music. So, given my uncultured ear, I will take his word for it... oh but he ain't touching my folk music taste, no way Jose! You understand, his name was not Jose!!! :)

So I am sitting, totally meditative, I must have mention before how I can get hypnotized by water, yes even the energy wasting kind, which a fountain is really...

Then this guy walks up to me and plays some flamenco music for me. I liked it; even though, or because, I wanted to be alone...

And then he told me how he self taught himself this flamenco guitar about his dad and brother who are also guitarists, showed me his cool handmade guitar... People... I love to hear their stories...

No comments: