Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bonding Under the Stars in Sudbury


I will spare the details of how much I love these guys – I think I addressed this issue in a previous post. :) But I will say I feel very fortunate to have them as my friends. In reality I am killing my career being here, as it is hard on me when the physics conversation goes in French. So I am torn between this great social life and this sub optimal career life. Ah well as we say in SL you can not have both your porridge and your beard.

We watched the stars: the Andromeda, Jupiter, and the milky way.

On a totally unrelated note, I was told long ago, by a person who told me worldly truths, might I add, that you can only get wasted, if you are relaxed with the company you have. And I think it is true…

“Look it is the milky way” they said, "are we in Sri Lanka” I asked, “it is only visible from there…”… ah that’s when you know you’ve hit rock bottom.

I must mention this new guy in our group, who I really got to know better during this trip, a person with so many conflicting sides to his personality. At once a smarty and a musician, at once childishly cute but able to have a political discussion, upto date on current global events, a socially conscious and open minded person … I am always awed by such self contradiction.

Then back in Montréal on Saturday I will be told that to have such an orderly apartment is something that was never expected from me, from knowing me before, from the way I talk!!!! On my way back I thought, "well how boring can a person be if they only give out what is expected of themselves"...

I guess I am what I am awed about… :)

No comments: