Friday, July 20, 2012

My First Steak

Here, at medium rare - I am really impressed. Having no confidence, and add to it, no thermometer or not ever having really watched someone make a steak, I stayed away from the top sirloin and bought the cab sirloin. With boiled and sautéed new potatoes fried with garlic scapes and apples sautéed with balsamic vinegar and honey in the after-steak-pan...

At ~250g, 1inch-ish thick, marinated with just sea-salt and cracked pepper for about 10hrs, 4 minutes per side, starting with smoking hot pan reduced to medium high, 5 minutes of rest... too much for myself, but if you eat as slow as I usually do, you will manage it. Except that today, I had a pretty bad low-blood-sugar attack - just feeling extremely dizzy, so when I started eating I was eating like just about most of you - like you haven't seen food for 3days... That plus I was actually quite impressed with how the steak turned out...


No comments: