Sunday, August 22, 2010

État Sauvage



an amazing photo exhibit by National Geographic and the Smithsonian Museum of Washington. It featured Vincent Munier and past Nature's Best Competition winners.

I love Vincent Munier's pictures, speciall the ones he and his dad made in Vosages, France; they are hauntingly beautiful twilight (or dawn) landscapes that made me cry the first time I saw them. But his pictures here were not that stellar - I guess there are only so many snowy owl pictures that I can look at - I am not a big bird fan, but I must admit, snowy owls are cute. Of course his muskox pictures were really great and there was also a little documentary on his muskox photographing project/journey.

The photos that won Nature's Best though were something - they were really really cute... a lot from Botswana and the African safari places... There were some amazing moments captured, but of course, I put here, my favorite species on earth - the cuddly little polar bears... I like tigers too!

No comments: