Sunday, August 1, 2010

Divers/Cité 2010




Divers/Cité, the gay festival of Montreal, is not just about condom stands and two studs dressed in tight underwear next to a bed with the slogan 'jump in bed with pump'... it is also about music and art and just plain having fun.

But the drag queens from Cabaret Mado, I recognised all of them (is it disturbing that I am aquainted with drag queens on a first name basis? *wink* - ok I don't know their first names, but I recognized them alright!), were standing next to the adult video store with a hunk for a DJ!!! Oh why oh why oh why are all the lookers gay?

The bumble bees were running upto random passers by and hugging them and all. This one guy, another hunk, topless, stopped, with his boy friend. One bee ran upto him, unbuttoned the hunk's shorts, unzipped his fly, and made a disappointed face, put his hand inside, jerked off the hunk a few times, and zipped him up with a satisfied look. Oh yeah now he was alright, even I could tell from 20ft away!! :) The hunk and his boyfriend walked away, the boyfriend wasn't too happy obviously, but he did not throw a fit, not atleast right there!

And I wondered, what would happen if some random person walked up to my boyfriend and jerked him off? I like to think I am open-minded enough to let it go as a joke... But I am not sure reality will be that!

The next day one of my less than open-minded friends were going on a racist rampage on the Japanese people... oh he knew these for facts he said, one of his friends lived there for a couple months and she told him all these!!!! I had to tell them this jerk-off story and I said, had I been a tourist seen this would I had imagined that Montreal is one of those cities that people get jerked off by bumble bee drag queens in public? And I reminded him, for the more than 2yrs I lived in Montreal, it the only time I saw that, and it would be a little unfair for a tourist to assume that this is standard practice in Montreal. Reminds me of something I once wrote to one of my stereo-typing but well traveled acquaintances:


The problem with a lot of people today is that they have traveled the world as tourists and then they think they know a country, just because they were tourists there for one month.

No comments: