Friday, October 9, 2009

Confession


The blessed sacrament of confession...

When we were little we had to go for confession every month - normal adult humans do not sin all that much, so what's to be said about a kid? I remember being dreadful about confession because I was so afraid one day the priest is gonna see through my making up of sins and throw a public fit and denounce me - everyone would point their fingers at me and say "she made up sins", because this is what I did - I'd say "I probably lied to my parents, so I'll say so", "I probably fought with my siblings, so I'll say so"... What kind of crazy people make little kids confess every once a month?

Disdainful as I am sights like these, still give me a sense of nostalgia about a past that I was very much like them...

No comments: