Monday, November 3, 2008

a bus for myself


Most days I am the only one taking bus #30 for the last 8-10 blocks. There have been times that the driver did not see me, thought no one was in the bus and turned the other way; a couple times the driver has yelled at me "ou allez-vous ? Est-ce que je aller a gauche ou a droite?" to have me emerge from my own little dream bubble and say in my broken French "I get off at the last stop". They must just love me... the very last stop...!!!

But a couple times this has led to some chit chatting with the driver, hey one driver even asked me "are you from Sri Lanka?"!!!! whoa whoa whoa.... I come from a place where some people asked "are you from India?" and when I said I was from Sri Lanka didn't even know where that was... well, this, is truly a cosmopolitan city...

No comments: