Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Inefficiency!



More than half a day spent just to transfer my MN driver's license to a Montreal one! It only took me less than 2 hrs to do the road test and get a brand new license in MN.

Half a day spent opening a simple checking account in Montreal! Took me 10 min.s to open a checking account in MN.

Americans totally got their efficiency part down.

Canada, ok let me not speak for all of Canada - but Montreal takes forever to get the simplest thing done, really! On top of it most place don't have any literature in English! Who said Montreal is bi-lingual!? Like the time when I went to the SAAQ, I was told it takes so much time because they have to call MN to get my record and there aren't a lot of people in Quebec who speak English!!

The bank was however, a co-op bank. That's the price you have to pay for being socially conscious! But then in MN I was with a co-op credit union for my car loan and that whole process took less than half a day!

It just drives me nuts how slow things are.

Ah, but I must say when we were in LA, it took forever for a simple thing like a vehicle check. So may be it is a big city thing...

No comments: