Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hammock time



Beautiful sunny day here in Van - a good reason for a hammock!

I took a long hike in Stanley Park, finally really discovering it and seen all the beautiful humongous Redwood fir trees. It was a great day with crowds all over the beach unto second beach; it gets thinner after that and more peaceful too.

Sitting here like I love to, watching the sunset, hearing all sorts of different accents passing me in the background (I even heard Sinhalese just now and automatically turned my head to look, like I do when I hear French, and they acknowledged.), I am again blessed with a peaceful evening by the ocean (not a real ocean, I know, but hey). Also as I mentioned the other day on Facebook, watching bald eagles from my office desk, seeing coyotes on my way to work, picking blackberries on my way from work and still, every evening, retreating to the safe haven of my apartment in the cosmopolitan city centre - how can I not love Vancouver? I don't know... but sometimes I don't...

No comments: