Friday, June 18, 2010

Portugese

Restaurant Casa Maison Minhota 3959 Boulevard Saint Laurent Montréal, QC H2W1Y4

In Montreal's Portugese neighborhood - a little shi shi, but makes for a nice date, with nice music, candle light and tables tucked in cozy corners... We had sardines and ... (I forgot the other...) Now I loooove sardines, and coming from an island, having grown up with fish I think that statement carries a lot of weight. The sardines were grilled and came with a garden salad that I could have done without, and boiled-with-herbs potatoes. Yum yum sardines... The waiter was mildly funny and very helpful with my numerous questions. We even learnt of a new fish store - San Miguel on Rachel and St Urbain. I'll have to check it out to see how it compares with La Mer on Rene Levesque.

No comments: