Friday, June 11, 2010

Niagara Falls


I came here first in 2001 from the US side, ironically in June also... This is the apparently more beautiful, but surely more touristy, Canadian side...

Today I stood in front of this waterfall that made me whisper in respect (I know it sounds so kitsch to say that about the touristy Niagara Falls, but that's how I felt then...) the first time I saw it, a much mature woman, with a lighter air about relationships in general - enjoy it while you still love him and move out when you don't anymore... My heart is too big to be tied to just one man... ok, I really don't have a heart... but I like to say it like that... :D


Love is why I came here in the first place; love is now the reason I must go.
- John Denver


We discussed the physics of rainbows... and how we would not see the rainbow from the Canadian side in the morning as the sun is rising from the other side of the falls...

No comments: