Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Approved of Quebec Residence



Ok, so after practicing almost every Wednesday, because I have to explain my research to all the awed people at my atelier, I can do this in French without too much trouble. But it turned out the immigration officer was one of those lay people who has extreme enthusiasm about physics.

Mon expérience est 7000ft sous terre à Sudbury.
Ah ouais? C'est ce grand réservoir d'eau qui se regarde les neutrinos?

whoa....
Non, en fait, c'est une expérience de la matière noire.
Ah d'accord. la constante cosmologique, nous sommes alors sûr qu'il est positif?

whoa... encore...

I did manage to plough myself through, though.

well your French is good, besides you seem like a nice
person, so I'll give you the QC approval
- Immigration Officer, QC


"wrong on both counts" I thought... but "yes, I'll take the approval, thank you!" I said...

No comments: