Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stevie Wonder



We went pretty early, yes as in 5hrs earlier than this show started. And it rained... we knew it was going to... and if you know me you know I hate to be in the rain, yeah like absolutely detest it... I don't mind watching it from inside... My relationship with the rain is sort of like that between homophobic but politically correct people and gays: "I really don't mind the gays, whatever they do is their business, but I will not stand and watch if my kids are gay"!!! queleque chose comme ca... Ok, it is not that bad - me and the rain...

Anyway, there we stood in the pouring rain, waiting for Stevie Wonder to come and show us some love for free... And then like a miracle, the rain stopped about 10 to 9 and the man came on stage about half hour after that... It was great... A little too much Micheal Jackson for my taste, but hey... I understand this king of pop legend... it's just that the bitter hippie is a little bitter (!!!!) about the coverage he got that surpassed all other news items about war and famine and what not...

The music was great, but it was the ambiance, that made this the best concert I ever went to...

No comments: