Friday, June 19, 2009

P Bears




I don't normally like to visit zoos, as the pathetic looking animals make me sad... I am split in my opinion about zoos themselves however, as I understand it is the best way to educate kids on what animals we have on this planet and raise global/environmental awareness in them...

So I was dragged in to the Quebec City zoo, kicking and screaming... well not quite, it was raining, so we were limited in what we could do....

I was watching these polar bears, knowing that anytime now I am gonna cry... but as I was waiting to be poked in my eye, it dawned on me that these guys, specially the girl, are actually having a really good time... Look at her play with her makeshift toy... But then apparently she injured herself, so when we came back she was taken away to a different cage and the boy was by himself... now he looked super sad... awww...

But anyway, it made me think... if you had never experienced the limitless spaces in the wild, what would you really miss by being in a zoo? They were both born in captivity....

No comments: