Friday, March 28, 2008

A Shoulder to Cry On...

This girl had just broken up with her boyfriend, or was at least very unhappy about him. This guy? he was her shoulder to cry on... She talked about how the ex didn't quite get her or understand her and how he hung out with other girls and how she didn't want to be his 'go-girl' (is that a real phrase? or did I just mis-hear something?) And this guy just mostly listened, every now and then offering her a suggestion; 'did you tell him that?' he'd ask.

I first thought was he her brother? I sort of missed mine... No but I think I concluded he was just a very good friend, or he had perfected the art of hitting on girls. If it was the former, I thought of how lucky she was and I missed such a guy in my life whenever the boyfriends didn't quite work... He did sound like he had a girlfriend though.

So he was being all supportive and listening and all that, and then he told an abortion joke! 'That's not funny, that's gross' she said, I just think people should not tell abortion jokes'...
Still, they got off the light rail and walked towards the bars in downtown....

Oh and btw, she looked much prettier than this picture suggests... :)

No comments: