Thursday, December 11, 2008

Girls need not offer to help...


So after my ordeal with my own car, I shower and take a nice hot water bath to ease off my now soar back, and I am sitting in my apartment with a nice hot tea, and I see this - someone else going through the same ordeal for his car.

I really don't want to shovel, but I'm thinking, since some stranger offered me help, I need to return the gesture... So I put on my coat and mitts and go outside - 'please please say no' I am thinking... I go up to him and am like "Avez-vous besoin d'aide"... he took one look at me from head to toe and said "vous?" as in "what do you think you can do?"

I was truly glad he said no... but my services were more like run the car while he was pushing or something...

Later this week I will learn from people at school, that girls don't have to offer to help boys plow snow... It has not sunk into me yet, but I will surely keep that in mind... I guess it is years of hanging out with boys (including these ones at school) who complained about how easy a girl's life is because every body is ready to help girls, but it's not so for boys, that has made me think otherwise...

No comments: