Sunday, September 14, 2008

Marathon Oasis de Montreal




The Montreal Marathon is underway - these pics right from my balcony... (on a side note, even though I initially missed the St Catherine/Crescent neighborhood, I am beginning to like this prime spot of my current apartment more and more...)

While it is not the Chicago marathon, the Montreal Marathon attracts quite a few people from all over the world -

We have runners from 28 countries, 30 of the United States and every province in Canada. Montreal is back on the international map for running.
- Montreal Gazette, September 13th, 2008


They had a full marathon, that went right by my home, a half marathon (one of the people at work ran this), cycling, walking, petit marathon (1km for kids, adorable!!) and a bunch of others... It was cool... See this dad and kid - there were several of those, people with their kids on the cycling one.

I will have to do this next year, I should decide if it is going to be the marathon or the cycling thingy...

No comments: