Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Moose Hugs from Montreal



So, for a long time now, I've been feeling like these people are going to welcome me with wide open arms. And I've been trying to fight it, I've been like 'Get real... there are going to be some cold shoulders'... but then that original gut feeling never went away... and then I go there, and they did indeed welcome me with wide open arms... What do you do then? You buy this soft toy that says 'Moose hugs from Montreal' to commemorate that first feeling of warmth...


Now first impressions are not always the only impressions, certainly not for me. But I am surprised at how many people actually come off as jerks, right off the bat... So give these Canadians some credit - they have sustained our first meeting, pleasantly! And I got a warmer welcome than what we here at Minnesota extend to our new postdocs, so...

No comments: